Marketing Crossover Report

Is “Crossover” the right name for a feature that gives you a list of marketing targets for a show, based on purchase histories?

That is:

Given a show:
Get a list of all the people who have bought tickets for that show already.
From that list of people, get a list of all the other shows that those people bought.
From that list of shows, get a list of all the people who bought tickets for THOSE shows, who have not yet bought tickets for the target show.

This logic is the same as our existing personalised recommendations logic, but it’s recommending people based on a show, rather than recommending shows based on a person.

Question two: Sensitivity

Given a show, I get a list of all the people who have bought tickets for that show already.
From that list of people, I get a list of all the other shows that those people bought.

How MANY of those people should have bought tickets for another show before I count it?

If 100 people have bought tickets for Show A, and of those 100, 90 have bought tickets for Show B, then people who have bought tickets for Show B are a good marketing target. If, of the 100, only 1 bought a ticket for Show C, then other buyers of Show C are much less likely to be interested.

Do work from all the “related shows” and make it hypersensitive? Or do I take the top 10 related shows? The top 10%? Does it have to be configurable? [It feels like there’s basically a right answer here, and making it configurable will just be annoying].

Once I have my list of related shows, how many of them do I need someone to have bought before I recommend them? Just one? Two? Three? More?

If I have the top 10 shows that purchasers of Show A also bought, I think that you should look like a target if you’ve bought a ticket 2 or more.

In the latest beta version, there is a new tab “Crossover” in the marketing searches:

You select a show, and it gives you an extrapolated audience for that show, based on the crossover of purchase histories for people who have already bought tickets for it.

I will add the ability to make the sensitivity configurable later. Right now, it only considers the top 50% of “show that the people who bought tickets to this show also bought”, and will only list a user if they have bought tickets to 2 or more of those shows.

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.